Thomas discusses the different business structures used by dental practices and how they differ. He details practical steps to take and the relevant paperwork to put in place in order to avoid future conflict with your business partners.
What you’ll hear:
- The difference between Expense Sharing, Traditional Partnership and Limited Company models for practice ownership
- Details of the documentation necessary to set up these arrangements correctly
- Examples of where things can go wrong
- How to handle a dispute with a business partner.
Who should listen:
- Anyone who co-owns a dental practice
- Anyone considering entering into a business partnership
- Dental associates considering buying into a practice.
About Thomas Coates:
Thomas is a corporate solicitor specialising in the sale and acquisition of dental practices, practice incorporations, commercial advice and drafting the full range of commercial agreements applicable to practice ownership including Expense Share, Shareholder Agreements and Partnership Agreements.
Thomas has acted for dentists and practice owners for many years at a number of dental specialist law firms, providing advice across the sector to everyone from sole practitioners to dental corporates, from first time buyers to retiring practice owners. As well as providing legal services, Thomas also regularly writes articles for the dental press and speaks at seminars.
Find out more about Bodcast here!