In a podcast of two halves, specialist solicitor, Thomas Coates, discusses a new policy introduced by the CQC that is making practice sales, purchases and restructures significantly more difficult. He also talks about an updated policy from the NHS regarding ‘24-hour retirement’ which makes the process more straightforward.
What you’ll hear:
- The historic position in respect of CQC and NHS on the sale of a practice
- Details of the new position being adopted by CQC and how it is obstructing the sale and purchase of NHS practices
- An explanation of ’24-hour retirement’ and how it has been historically used
- Details of recent NHS guidance which has made the process more straightforward
Who should listen:
- Practice owners considering selling thier practice
- Anyone considering buying a practice
- Practice owners who hold an NHS contract and wish to start claiming their pension
About Thomas Coates:
Thomas is a corporate solicitor specialising in the sale and acquisition of dental practices, practice incorporations, commercial advice and drafting the full range of commercial agreements applicable to practice ownership including Expense Share, Shareholders Agreements and Partnership Agreements.
Thomas has acted for dentists and practice owners for many years at a number of dental specialist law firms providing advice across the sector to everyone from sole practitioners to dental corporates, from first time buyers to retiring practice owners. As well as providing legal services, Thomas also regularly writes articles for the dental press and speaks at seminars.
Find out more about Bodcast here!