Today’s unmissable episode of Bodcast focuses upon the latest stage of the reform programme to the English NHS dental contract. Listen as host, Sales and Marketing Director Nigel Jones catches up with practice owner and dentist Paul Worskett who’s currently testing one of the prototypes and provides a fascinating insight into his own experience of how the blends work in practice.
What you’ll hear today:
- Paul’s own experiences of being involved in the reform programme
- An insight into Paul’s early impressions of working under the prototype contract
- A consideration of the financial risks of being part of the prototype contracts
- Insight into where the implementation of the Dental Quality and Outcomes Framework (DQOF) is up to, as well as how the measurement systems associated with ensuring appropriate capitation payments are going
- Remuneration of associate dentists under the prototype contract
- Paul’s views on whether the Minister of Health Alistair Burt’s target of 2018/19 for the rollout of the contracts, is a realistic one
- The impact, if any, of the Brexit vote on the prototypes
- Paul’s take on time-limited contracts.
About Paul Worskett
Paul has been the principal of Amblecote Dental Care in the West Midlands since 1988. Paul has extensive experience of dentistry and has a special interest in cosmetic and implant dental care. He has had 2 papers published in the BDJ and Dental Update. Amblecote Dental Care is a prototype practice as part of the on-going NHS contract reform process, having initially been a pilot practice since 2011.
Find out more about Bodcast here!
Get all blogs delivered to your inbox
By subscribing to our blog, you agree to receiving our monthly blog update and newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time.