Thomas Coates explains the different types of NHS contract, who can hold them and how they can be transferred or sold. He also considers what happens when someone decides to give up an NHS contract.
What you’ll hear:
- The difference between a PDS and a GDS contract
- How NHS contracts are bought and sold and their popularity in the market
- How to cease providing NHS dental services
Who should listen:
- Dentists considering buying an NHS contract
- NHS dentists considering a move to private dentistry
- NHS dentists considering retirement
About Thomas Coates:
Thomas is a corporate solicitor specialising in the sale and acquisition of dental practices, practice incorporations, commercial advice and drafting the full range of commercial agreements applicable to practice ownership including Expense Share, Shareholders Agreements and Partnership Agreements.
Thomas has acted for dentists and practice owners for many years at a number of dental specialist law firms providing advice across the sector to everyone from sole practitioners to dental corporates, from first time buyers to retiring practice owners. As well as providing legal services, Thomas also regularly writes articles for the dental press and speaks at seminars.
Find out more about Bodcast here!