With so much uncertainty clouding CQC and GDC regulations, we’re hosting a series of Regional Events with Apolline, to get your practice up to speed with the dos and don’ts of becoming, and remaining, compliant with the CQC.
Having recently attended one of the informative and informal afternoon sessions with Pat Langley, here are the five top tips that Regional Support Manager, Shelley Clegg took away from the afternoon. If you want to find out all of the details on how to get to grips with CQC Essentials, you’ll have to attend one of the events for yourself!
- Involve your whole team in compliance – it’s everyone’s responsibility! Every member of your team needs to live and breathe your practice policies and protocols, so that they can answer any of the CQC’s questions accurately and consistently during an inspection.
- Significant incidents can be your get out of jail free card. Recording a range of incidents that happen in your practice (from receiving a bunch of flowers from a satisfied patient to recording something that didn’t go to plan within the practice, and what you will do to prevent it happening again), gives the CQC confidence in you and your practice.
- Get feedback from your patients. If you can demonstrate that you have gathered feedback from patients, tracked your complaints to identify trends and acted on the results, this will reassure your CQC inspector, as well as it making good business sense.
- Be more duck! You may be paddling like mad under the surface but if you come across as calm during your inspection, this will inspire confidence from your CQC inspector…and may mean that they’ll be less likely to ask you probing questions.
- Demonstrate you have valid consent, to show that patients fully understand all aspects of their treatment. The consent can be one of three types (implied, verbal or written), depending on the treatment, and must be ongoing, as consent can be withdrawn at any point.
These are just my five top tips from the session, if you’d like to find out more and attend one of our upcoming CQC Essentials events hosted by Apolline, visit www.practiceplan.co.uk/events
Get all blogs delivered to your inbox
By subscribing to our blog, you agree to receiving our monthly blog update and newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time.